Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's been a year...

So yesterday was the year anniversary of Steve being diagnosed with GBS.  I tell the story of draining two cell phone batteries with texts to my daughter and my sister, "These are his symptoms. What is it?" and the facts of low platelet counts and plasma phersesis treatments.  I am glad I took the short video of the machine, because it seems so far back in my memory.
Steve says he is better.  He says he sleeps better because the pains that he felt before GBS aren't there anymore.  When I got my flu shot last October, there were five or six questions about GBS, and it was evident that GBS recoverers were not going to be allowed to take the flu shot ever again.
The anniversary yesterday was greeted with "It's a Good GBS Day to you" and a couple of reflective moments.  Steve still goes to see the neurologist.  It's still a remarkable story of God's Presence and His miracles, of the comfort of family and friends.  It was an amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment